HATHA YOGA FIRST IMPRESSIONS

Saturday, 25 April 2015


Image sources : Pinterest 

In an effort to tone up this (not so little) bum of mine, I decided to dip my toes into the world of yoga. As I must say, running is not something I get along with very well. A Hatha yoga class had recently been set up close to where I live and my friend invited me to come along with her. 
Yoga is a physical, mental and spiritual practise of discipline. Which concentrates on stretching, deep breathing and controlling the mind and body. 
Hatha yoga is a kind of yoga focusing on physical and mental strength building exercises and postures. Throughout the session we did lots of deep breathing exercises and stretching our bodies which will ultimately make us more flexible and will decrease muscle pain and stiffness. (See above for Hatha yoga positions)
I was a tad skeptical before the class, but once we started I loved it!  I was a newbie to yoga and trying to bend my body in half, so naturally I couldn't do it, but the instructor encouraged that after a few sessions I would notice an improvement in my flexibility, and hopefully will be able to touch my toes in no time! 
I am usually on fast forward mode, constantly on my feet and thinking a hundred miles per hour, so this was perfect just to slow down for an hour and half and not think about anything, ahhhh and relax.
The light exercise was perfect for me and felt really great afterwards, rather than when I come back from the gym and feel like I am about to collapse. Even though it looks like lots of arms and legs in the air, it really works every muscle in  the body, which burns calories and helps you to tone up (no more flabby arms and jiggly thighs)
After my first session, I can 100% I would go again. I will keep you updated with my progress, so maybe you could give it ago too?!?

I mean look at all these benefits ....




Sounds good aye?!


Thanks for reading, let me know if you do yoga and how it has helped you, I would love to know:)

Toodlepip,

B xxx


Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE :) xxx

1 comment