Healthy Breakfast Smoothie

Wednesday, 15 April 2015





Hello lovelies! 

{Disclaimer- My kitchen is v unphotogenic so had to venture outdoors}

Recently I have been experimenting with smoothie recipes as I managed to get a bargain smoothie maker from Asda for only £20. I have never really been one for breakfast food, and am always looking for something healthy. 
I use a mix of fresh and frozen fruit- frozen fruit is great for smoothies because it is cheaper, lasts longer and makes your smoothie nice and cold! In most supermarkets you can pick up bags or tubs of frozen fruit of any kind, or you can freeze it yourself. I go for blueberries and raspberries. Or a summer fruits mix, which has blackberries and cranberries in too!
For fresh fruit I usually will pick up grapes and strawberries, all fruit has its own health benefits. Here's what this smoothie does for you-
Strawberries- High in Vitamin C, fibre, folic acid and potassium. They help to keep teeth white, whilst helping any skin irritation and maintaining blood sugar level.
Blueberries- Natural antioxidant. High in fibre- so makes you feel fuller for longer = less food eaten = weight loss, woohyeah! In in vitamin C and A, which helps prevent cancer and memory loss. Vitamin C also provides huge skin benefits, so get them down ya gal!
Raspberries- Contain antioxidants that help prevent cancer and heart disease. The fiber content of raspberries regulates the immune system and inflammation, therefore preventing diabetes and obesity. 
Grapes- High in water content, so good for hydration. Low calorie. Reduces blood pressure, and are really super tasty!
When making my smoothie I use a handful of each fruit, then pop them into my smoothie making bottle and top it up with soya milk.

I can't actually have fresh dairy products so I substitute dairy milk for soya milk. Which is naturally lower calorie, soya milk also contains more fibre, so it keeps you fuller for longer, which is essential if you are consuming it for breakfast. You can also use juice, but I prefer milk as it makes it creamy and oh so yummy. 
The smoothie maker I use the Asda twist and go, which is a dupe of the Breville Blendactive. So you just screw on the blade and stick it into the electric bit (I am so descriptive) and it automatically blends and voilà you have a smoothie! 
As I carry on experimenting with smoothie recipes I will keep you updated with recipes!

Do you have a smoothie maker? Whats your favourite smoothie combo?

See you soon,

kiss kiss,

B xxx


Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE :)





4 comments

  1. This looks amazing! I know what I am making when I get home tonight! Thanks for sharing xo

    http://livinglifewithsarahlillian.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou! Hope you like it too:) xxx

      Delete
  2. I swear every time I'm hungry I end up reading blogs posts about food! It looks super delicious and great photos, my kitchen is also very unphotogenic haha.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Then you just end up more hungry, I am so guilty of this too! Thanks for reading :) xxx

    ReplyDelete