Top 3 Drugstore foundations

Thursday, 16 April 2015


So recently I have been on a foundation pilgrimage. I have been determined to find the best drugstore foundations for their price... and here's what I found!

1, Revlon, Colour Stay.
I was recommend this product by a friend, after I had been complaining that foundation slips off my face when it is oily and when you can see the pores peeping through your foundation- not a good look. The Revlon Colourstay is available for two different skin types, Oily/ Combination, and Dry/ Normal.
Instantly I noticed it had no orange under tones, which creates a more natural finish- especially if you have pale skin like me. It also has SPF 15 in it, which is essential, as the weather is heating up at the moment, to avoid damaging your skin. It doesn't come with a pump but isn't really runny, so it is easy to manage when tipping it onto the back of your hand. It also blends really well into your skin, leaving a velvet matte finish. 

2, Rimmel Lasting Finish 25 hour.
I picked this foundation up when they had a three for two offer on, which is a recipe for over spending- but I am very impressed with it. It has a lightweight coverage, but is buildable. I use about 2/3 pumps of this stuff and it never looks cakey, just leaves my skin looking flawless. I wear this everyday to work and never need to top it up, which is fab! It also has SPF 20, which is a winner with me. At only £7.99 per bottle I think it 100% worth the money and is a staple in my makeup collection.

3, L'Oreal True Match Minerals Foundation.
This foundation is the more pricier of the three at £14.99, but L'Oreal tends to be. I was really surprised by this product, as it is only a powder foundation, it gives good coverage, not even needing concealer! I suffered with acne as a teenager, so am always a bit wary when it comes to covering up my skin, but this covers it up beautifully! It is a great quick makeup fix, if I am just heading out the door in a hurry, then I will pop this all over my face and I am good to go! You can put as much or as little on as you want depending on how much coverage you want. It doesn't feel heavy on your face either, and it has got trusty SPF 15 in! 

Follow me if you want to see what my high end beauty foundations are!:) 

What are your go-to foundations?

Love, 

B xxx

Follow me on Bloglovin' HERE xxx

4 comments

  1. I have never used the L'oreal true match mineral foundation but I love their liquid foundation! It is great because it comes in so many colors and matches my pale skintone perfectly. I have nominated you for the Leibster award! http://beautyreviewsbysc.blogspot.com/2015/04/liebster-award-11-fun-facts.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The coverage is so good, you don't even need concealer- a god send! Thankyou so much! xxxx

      Delete
  2. Amazing post !!

    So In love with your blog It's amazing !!

    would love to know your thoughts on my new post Jadiee'sLittleBlog

    MyBlogloving

    MyFacebook

    Have a nice day

    Jade

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you honey! Yes will check it out :) thanks for reading, xxxx

      Delete