July Favourites

Wednesday, 29 July 2015


Oh July, you have been good to me *smiles with big rosy cheeks* I have let life take me away this month, and although I have a mad month at work, I have found lots of happiness in July. I got to meet my friends beautiful healthy baby,  another of my friends came home from 3 months in New York, and I spent a lot of time frolicking about with my gig buddy, Wallis. The sun even shined long enough for me to go to the beach, although I did get very burnt legs and bum, I topped off the day sipping cocktails with my best buds from work. 

So July favourites were a tad difficult to pick because I haven't really been paying attention. Please forgive me! 

I have been enjoying a more of a nude lip this month which is very shocking for me as I usually wearing bright pink or red. The nude I have been loving is this lip liner by MUA called caramel nougat, it is a brown/ purpley pink shade.  Which I use to line my lips to make them appear a little plumper and then colour the rest of my lips in. And for a bit of sheen, I use the Maybelline colour sensational shine gloss in shade 137 fabulous pink. 

For eyes, I have been experimenting with the New Look range of eyeshadows, and I love this one called Biscuit, which is a goldy pinky colour, it is super pigmented and I love to sweep the colour over my lids and top it off with a cat eye flick. 

I am also a bit of a nail varnish addict and I accidentally brought these, swear to you, I had banned myself from buying nail varnish, until I saw these and I couldn't resist! The glittery one is a Maybelline crystallise polish, which comes out as a thick glitter, rather than having to layer. The one I picked up is Rose Chic. I brought it to pair with the nude polish by Collection, called Bare Nude. So I use the  glittery polish just on my ring finger for a little sparkle and Bare Nude on my other fingers. I love this look and is perfect all year round.

The bright reddy orangey one is called Red Ginger by Rimmel by their salon pro collection (I'm even wearing it now) it is really long lasting and is super shiny! I work in a shop and have a few customers comment on my bright pink nails and asking me where it's from, so it's a winner! 

Peeping in the corner is an old favourite of mine which has made a comeback this month, the L'Oreal blur cream primer. I have super oily skin, and I find in the summer my foundation has a real problem staying on my face. So I use this before my foundation just to give it a helping hand throughout the day. 

You may know this already but I am a sucker for flower crowns, having loved my H&M and worn it at every oppurtunity, I thought it was time I invested in a new one to love and cherish. This one was £2 from Primark, YES £2, I know! It was half price and I love the colours in it! I am hoping to get a bit of pink put in my hair, and I thought this would look perfect with it! 

At the top, looks like a necklace but it is actually a head bando, also from Primark which was £3! I am a big lover of festivals and gigs and I think this one is super cute and will look nice with a wavy pony tail or plaits or loose curly hair- anything actually! 

I brought this final necklace from H&M, my other favourite place to buy jewellery, as I have a few plain tops and jumpers and I thought a statement necklace like this would really add something to the outfit. I have previously not been a big jewellery wearer, but I have been loving adding a little something something to a boring old outfit! 


Also this month I have been enjoying chocolate digestives, and I really think it has become an addiction. If anyone else is suffering the same problem, let me know and we can arrange something.

I went to see Andy Jordan at a gig a few weeks ago and been loving his EP, also loving his beautiful face, so I am going to include him in my July favourites too :) 

Let me know what you have been loving this month, and I will hopefully be here again soon, as long as I haven't gone into a chocolate biscuit coma... Xoxox

2 comments

  1. Love all your picks! I've also been loving nude lips, and my all time favourite thing this month has been the benefits roller lash. Makes my lashes super long!

    xo
    www.ma-luxe.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thankyou:) I would love to try that! Must add it to my shopping list xxx

      Delete