Living in the moment

Friday, 24 July 2015



yo yo yo,

I went to a gig the other day, and I was surrounded by people watching the gig through their phones. WHY. I mean I am partial to taking a few pictures and maybe a sneaky video. But videoing and photographing the whole thing is a bit extreme isn't it? And it completely changes the experience for you. I mean, a girl in front of me was literally taking her phone out every minute (maybe even 30 seconds, not joking!) to take a snapchat, and all the photos looked the exact same.. 



 I wanted to talk about living in the moment and savouring every second of it. 

I am an opportunity taker and someone who loves to soak up every part of what I am doing. Feeling the atmosphere, dancing like a crazy fool because you love the music that much, and trying to watch so intently so that you won't forget how perfect that moment you are living really is.

When you come to rematch the footage you spent the whole gig recording, you won't feel the same as you would if you had just put your phone away after taking a few snaps. You won't feel how much the music made you feel and how sexy the guitarist was when he looked at you whilst you were singing with your best friend.

And no one really wants to receive 100 snap chats of how great your night is.

I don't know, maybe I am a little old fashioned, but I just believe in enjoying the moment as it is and having the feeling of 'I am just so happy right now, right here'

We live in a world of social media and technology and sometimes I think we let real life run away from us.

This year for me, has been about seeking happiness and this is a lesson that is really important to me in feeling truly happy and not just happy on my Instagram...

I hope you enjoyed this post, thankyou for reading :)

Hope I didn't sound too ranty haha!

Lots of love xxx









2 comments

  1. I 100% agree with this!!! I try really hard to put my phone down during certain moments and concerts are for sure one of those moments. I do take a few cheeky pictures and a couple videos but for the most part I stare at the band, dance, sing along a have a great time, because like you said, it is those moments we will remember :) love this post :)

    Amber
    www.thenakedcollective.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So glad you do! I do the exact same, especially if they are super good looking, I realistically can't stop staring! Thankyou so much for commenting :) xxxx

      Delete