My Top Five Lipsticks

Saturday, 4 July 2015



I am a lipstick worshiper and I am not afraid to admit it! It seems every time I go into Boots, I NEED a new lipstick, "this shade is like nothing I have seen before, I need it in my collection!" 
But these are my top five lipsticks, these are the ones that have made the cut, and there is a shade suited for most everyday makeup looks. 

1- Mac, All Fired Up. I am not really one to buy expensive makeup, only when I really love the product and I picked up an extra shift at work to justify buying a £15 lipstick. But I love this shade, it is a matte reddish pink lipstick. It is super pigmented and is really long wearing. As well as a really smooth application. As a matte shade I would recommend exfoliating before applying this lipstick so it doesn't show up any chapped skin. With intense bright shades like this, I also like to set it in place with a lipstick sealer, like LipCote, so the colour doesn't transfer on to your face and keeps it in place all day.

2- Rimmel, Vintage Pink. I used this lipstick in my latest makeup tutorial over on my Youtube channel pairing it with a purple smokey eye. This lipstick is a moisturising lipstick, so it is super glossy. I like to just dab it on my lips for the colour. The lipstick is a lovely pinky purpley shade and I like it as a good alternative to a nude shade with a more intense eye makeup. 

3- Rimmel, 110 by Kate Moss. I say this a lot, but I love Rimmel products so no wonder 3 of my favourite lipsticks are by Rimmel. This a bright coral matte shade. Perfect for summer and I like to pair it with a goldy, coppery eye. I also find, matte shades last so long, this lipstick will last a whole day at work and barely has any transfer. If you are one for a bright orange lip, this is for you.

4- Rimmel, 003 by Kate Moss. The perfect nude shade. It is quite glossy and has hint of brown and pink in it, so it is perfect for everyday and a staple in my makeup collection. I would wear this with most makeup looks, but mostly with the Naked 2 eyeshadow palette or shimmery pink eyeshadow. 

5- Soap and Glory, Gauvarama. First of all, I love the packaging for this lipstick, it is so compact and feels like a high end product. It is also a nourishing lipstick so looks dewy and smooth on lips whilst plumping them up too. This is also a reddy pinky shade, but is not too bright like All Fired Up, so perfect for everyday, just to give your lips subtle colour. If I ever can't decide what lipstick to go for, this is always the one I reach for as it suits every look. I am hoping to get some more S&G lipsticks because they formula is lovely, just waiting for a  for 2 offer, as the products are a bit more pricey than other drugstore products.

Are any of these your favourite lipsticks, if not what are yours? I would love some recommendations to add to my ever growing collection. Thankyou all for reading :) hope you all have a lovely weekend xoxox

9 comments

  1. These are gorgeous shades! I really like the Rimmel 110 - for the colour and the matte :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love how bright it is, so perfect for when the sun comes out :) xxx

      Delete
  2. You've picked out some lovely shades! This is the second time this week someone's mentioned Rimmel Kate Moss in 03 so I may need to check that one out!

    Danielle's Beauty Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou :) haha yes defiantly do! You won't regret it! xx

      Delete
  3. These shades look lovely! I really want to try some from the Kate Moss line :)

    Sarah | sarahanne14.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are lovely! I have a few, and they are so wearable and good value for money :) xxx

      Delete
  4. Great post! The soap and glory lipstick is a lovely shade, I really need to try out their lipsticks. I'll probably wait for a 3 for 2 offer as well, more lippy for your money! :) xx

    http://leonnilittleblog.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. 3 for 2 is what I live for! haha! xxx

      Delete
  5. I have a Kate Moss lipstick as well, but a darker shade (107). I like the shade of the first lipstick, the one from MAC :D

    ReplyDelete