Chasing the Sunset // Day 9

Sunday, 9 August 2015


I don't know why, but I have a fascination  of the sky. I love staring up at it and marvelling how beautiful it is.

Especially when it comes to sunsets and the sky turns a hundred colours of blue, pink, purple and red. There is just something so magical about watching the sun dipping behind the horizon signalling the end of another day, and makes a perfect end to any day whether it be ordinary or extraordinary. 

Maybe I am little too philosophical when it comes to the sunset, and sit and ponder on my life in that moment. But everything is a bit more rose tinted and lovely in that moment.

I took the opportunity to photograph it on Friday as I had the evening off work and as the day had been a sunny one I thought I would make the most of it. I also recruited my mum along in the adventure as she is a photographer and will never pass an opportunity for a good photo.  

I took my camera and tripod down to the river and set it up for a timelapse. I did A Level Art and I chose timelapse as one a method for my final piece. And I still enjoy using it as a method of filming now. 

The thing is though, there was a swam bobbing around on the water and so when I came to speed it up, the swan was also speeded up 100%, and the effect was less magical, more hilarious, as it was like watching a turbo swan. Not quite the effect I was going for.


I could ramble on about this love of mine for ever, but this has been my day 9 of August, can I say, I am loving this so far! I hope you are enjoying reading them :) 


Confused by the Monthly Scrapbook? Follow the link to the rules :)

Thankyou all for reading, if you are doing this too, leave a link in the comments so I can catch up with you..


Lots of love, B xxx




No comments

Post a Comment