Face of the Day // Day 17

Monday, 17 August 2015


Today has been a little busy for me, it started with being woken by my sister singing Happy Birthday to herself, then having celebratory pancakes for breakfast. Then packing up all our beach our beachy things because the sun decided to make an appearance, having a chocolate icecream and getting burnt. Then going to an opticians appointment and had my contact lenses fitted and now I am in between opticians and going to Hanna's for the evening to see bubba and have some tea. 

So I have settled for quite minimal but summery makeup today.

I started off by using Rimmel blemish concealer ( the one that looks like a lipstick) which is a thick formula, perfect for covering up dark circles ( which I certainly have) 

My favourite holy grail foundation is the Revlin colour stay foundation suitable for oily / combination skin and apply this with a real techniques sponge. It has an spf in it so it was perfect for our beach adventure today.  Then to set that all in place I use Rimmel pressed powder in Translucent, which just keeps it in place and mattifies it perfectly. 

For my brows, I am in love with the Seventeen Brow's That palette, and have recently gone out and brought a replacement, I outline them with the wax using a seventeen brow brush then fill them in with the medium brown powder.

For eye makeup I have kept it pretty simple today, with just a heaving helping of Maybelline Falsies Mascara which gives my lashes so much volume and length. It is perfect on its own and was fine for getting my eyes poked and prodded at the opticians. 

To give my podgy cheeks abit of definition I use a Collection 2000 powder in a matte brown shade, and just contour my face a little to give it a little colour too. And then I just popped a bit of Natural Collection 'dusty pink' blush on my cheeks. 

Even though I went for a natural look, I can't help but wear abit of lipstick, I chose shade 45, which is nudey, purpley colour which I love because it is similar to my natural lip colour but makes them look fuller and adds abit of gloss. 

What makeup look did you go for today? And what have you been upto? :)

Confused by the Monthly Scrapbook? Follow the link to the rules :)

Thankyou all for reading, if you are doing this too, leave a link in the comments so I can catch up with you..



Lots of love, B xxx





2 comments

  1. I hope you had a good day. I haven't tried the Kate nude lipsticks yet, but they are definitely on my wish list.

    I am craving pancakes now.

    www.daisiegrace.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. mmmm pancakes! The lipsticks are lovely, I want to try some more :) xxx

      Delete