Keeping Your Skin Clear on a Budget

Sunday, 18 October 2015


I don't know about you, but I have noticed skincare products are getting super expensive, although I love the look of Liz Earle and Clinique, their reviews are always positive but I have found that drugstore products are just as good and I buy time and time again.

I struggle with oily skin and often get the odd spot or two (lets face it- massive ones that occupy my entire chin) I have found these products keep it clear or help when I have a breakout.

All of these products are £5 and under.

I cleanse my face every morning and evening and these are my go-to products which leave my skin feeling oil-free and fresh. I go between The Body Shop Tea Tree skin clearing foaming  cleanser and Simple Clear Skin Oil Balancing face wash.

Body Shop's foaming cleanser, is a cheaper product by The Body Shop being only £5, it has a pump dispenser and you only need one pump, so you can't waste it, technically it lasts longer. It is part of the Tea Tree range which is a natural anti bacterial, it is super beneficial for acne sufferers, because it cleans all dirt away (grease and oils from makeup etc) leaving your skin to heal and stay clear.

Like The Body Shop, being a natural products and being kind to skin, Simple is a gentle skin cleanser, which won't inflame your skin. I have always found Simple products to be affective and often reach for them when looking for face cleansers. I always re buy the oil balancing one, oily skin is really annoying when it comes to wearing makeup as mine often slips off. When I was younger and unsure of how to look after my skin, I suffered with bad acne because the oil on my skin would build up, but this face wash balances the oil on my skin, keeping it spot-free and feeling so much nicer.

For when you do have an outbreak, Sudocrem is the best product to reach for. It is super cheap but so good for pesky spots. It is an antiseptic and healing cream. So for those spots that are gross and scabby (we all get them), pop this on and it will help to heal it and make it look less inflamed. My friend who suffers with bad acne around her jawline, applies this every night and swears by it and couldn't recommend it enough. (It does say it is made for acne, not just babies bums)

I also want to recommend Boot's Botanics range, it is such good value for money, and uses natural products to cleanse the skin and keep it clear. I like to use the moisturisers, I apply them every night and before I apply my makeup in the morning. The one I am using at the moment is a mattifying one, to stop my skin looking shiny. They have a full range each of which is designed for different skin types with different botanical products. 


What are your cheap clear skin secrets? 

Thankyou for reading, much love :) xxxx












2 comments

  1. I laughed a lot when I read the part about Sudocrem being not only for babies bums! My little nephew knows very well what to get from the medicine cabinet when His bum hurts it's so comic haha! But wow! Now I'll be beating Him to it hahaha!

    SJay // The Chronic Dreamer | A Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hahaha oh my goodness how funny! xxxx

      Delete