My 20th Birthday ✯

Thursday, 8 October 2015



Sorry for my absence! I was having cold sweats about turning 20, I was in denial, but after a lot (I mean a lot a lot ) of tea and cake, I have warmed to the idea and so I am back.

So I was happily floating through the last year of my teens quite oblivious and naive about turning 20, it wasn't much of a big deal. Until. The. Week. Before. And it hit me, this is the decade in which I need to make decisions, important ones, I need to move out, I need to seek out adult-y things, like a career, then pay bills. Ugh, I was not ready. Mentally I am still 15, in which my biggest worry was what I was going to wear to the party at the weekend. (Party being, a lot of people gathered in a field, drinking mixed spirits from plastic cups.)




I spent the weekend celebrating, by doing things I love, nothing exceptionally amazing but lovely nonetheless. My mum, sister and I headed over to Fowey, a beautiful little town with cute cottages, sweet little galleries and blissful tea shops.








Miraculously I remembered to bring my camera with me, which lets face it, never happens.




Having a sister, means "I bet I can throw this rock further than you"



And me failing..






The glorious cakes piled high in the window was too much for us and we had to indulge.. 





"Ooh I feel so oriental with my tea" "Beth, you're drinking Cornish green tea.."



We spent the day laughing and my heart felt very much full.








After a generous dose of fresh air and cake, we came home to watch Strictly.. had to be done..

And I popped on my heels and some lipstick, I headed out for the evening for cocktails with my bestie Emily.



Emily has been my best friend since we were 13 and has spent many a birthday with me, and we love a good cocktail.

My other friends are at uni so I will be seeing them at the end of the month instead..






I'm no longer dreading my twenties, more looking forward to all the things I will accomplish before I turn 30. 

I want to go travelling, experience things, love and feel loved. Spend every moment I can with my friends, see my friend Hanna's baby grow up into a little girl, move out and experience buying boring things like kettles and teacups. 

Goodbye teenage Beth, Hello adult Beth. Lets do this!

Thankyou all for reading and hello to my new followers, what a lovely surprise you were!

Love, B xxx


3 comments

  1. Happy birthday to you! Hope you had a lovely time, the pictures are beautiful! :) xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy birthday B! Oh, & wait till You're 23, watching Your 20 looming in (& slowly ending) hahaha not such a comforting thought when You still haven't figured things out!

    SJay // The Chronic Dreamer | A Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete