Autumn Happies

Monday, 16 November 2015




Hello luuurrrvely people of the blogging world!

I am overjoyed it is Autumn, yes, Summer is wonderful, but I love Autumn, the crisp weather, crunchy leaves, fluffy jumpers and the inevitable build up to Christmas. 

(Right now I have a cat precariously balanced between my keyboard and my tummy- honestly, she could have chosen anywhere!)

Autumn is the time of year where we can start wearing bobble hats and scarfs, I love this and basically had my bobble hat on as soon as it hit October. I love big blankety scarves and always find a nice one in Newlook. This is one I have had since last year which is purple and burgundy - the perfect Autumnal shades.

Lip balm, 
this is an all time must have for Autumn. My lip balm of choice is a slightly pricey Elizabeth Arden 8 hour balm. I get horribly sore lips once it gets colder and I brought this one when I was so desperate to find something to cure them. It is a really nourishing balm and you only need a tiny bit to smooth your lips. It has a tingly sensation when you apply it with a lovely scent.

of course! I was given this 'I Love You To The Moon And Back' vanilla soy candle from my bestie for my birthday and it smells devine, like popcorn, mmhmm.

Hand cream,
 as the colder weather draws in, it is not kind to your skin. You need to keep it hydrated and soft, I use The White Company Noir hand cream. These are my indulgent products and why they are going into my Autumn Happies post. It has the most amazing smell of sandal wood and amber. A warm and sweet smell, which makes me feel very Autumn-y.

obviously not an essential but super cute nonetheless. It is a jewellery holder and I use it to keep my pesky hair bands which often vanish into thin air.

 the concept of this little book is lovely, for you to be able to document the same days of the year for 5 years. To reflect and cherish memories.

Lipsticks
Autumn is a time where you can indulge in darker lips and berry shades. I have chosen Rimmel Kate Moss 107 lipstick, which is a matte deep purple-y red shade. Im sure you're familiar with it. As well as this lipstick I am loving Rimmel Black Tulip lipliner, I mentioned this is my top 3 lipliners post, for more information about this beautiful Autumnal liner then check out the link.

Nail varnish, 
I love love love nail varnish for Autumn, well I do for any time of the year, but purple is my favourite colour so I can finally bring it out in Autumn. I often to struggle with nail varnish, because I work in a shop, I am always moving clothes on hangers or rails or bars that they often chip, chipped nail varnish is not a good look but one I am often left with. However I am loving the H&M plum fool polish, it is a lovely creamy pinky purple shade and I find it to be very long-lasting. I also love the colour of Illamasqua in shade Raindrops.

Eyeshadow,
Yayyy, time to bring back smokey eyes and darker shadows!! These are two palettes I love wearing at the moment, both filled with purple through to gold/ copper shades. I spoke about them both in my Naked Vs W7 blogpost.

*grins like a crazy woman* these fairy lights are the most beautiful fairy lights I ever did see, they are tiny little LEDs on a copper wire, and are part of Next's Christmas range. I couldn't resist getting them and can't wait to twist and turn them around my room.

Autumn is such a lovely time of the year where we build up to Christmas and everything festive is just creeping in. It is a time before the shop gets super busy and it's time to enjoy chilly windy walks with the dogs and cosy up with a cup of tea and biscuit.


Thank you for reading, 
what are you loving in Autumn and what makes you happy?

Lots of love, B xxx
















8 comments

  1. I think autumn is better than summer *shock horror* because of all the things you mentioned! Candles, Netflix, comfort food and soy jumpers is how I plan to spend these next few months :D

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yes they are just super lovely, I love Autumn so much, time to chill out and cosy up!! xxx

      Delete
  2. Those fairy lights are so lovely, aren't they! Candles are the best too! xx

    Blog:: Hannah Rose

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They are!! I just need to decide where to put them :) xx

      Delete
  3. I am in desperate need of hand cream during the colder months!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rimmel Kate Moss has to be by far the best Autumnal shade of all lipsticks, it trumps them all! I'm totally obsessed with the Kate Moss line and also how damn cute is that candle! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It is the Queen of Autumn lipsticks haha! I know, its so cute I am reluctant to light it!! xxx

      Delete