Christmas Kiss // Blogmas Day 11

Friday, 11 December 2015



Hello lovely candy cane bloggers, how are you enjoying Blogmas?

I recently picked up a new Rimmel lipstick, they tweeted me asking me if I had tried their The Only 1 Lipsticks yet, I hadn't and so I picked up the most Christmassy one I could find 'One of a Kind' - any excuse to add to my ever growing lipstick collection.

First you need to prepare your lips for a dark lipstick (there is nothing worse than chapped lips with deep red lipstick highlighting that... trust me I know! )

At this time of year, as the weather gets colder, as your lips are exposed to cold air, it dries them out because more moisture is being lost through them and they become chapped.

 To keep them hydrated, you have to keep yourself hydrated by drinking plenty of water,  and keeping your lips hydrated with a balm. At the beginning of the year, I was suffering with really painful dry lips and walked into Boots asking for the best lip balm they could recommend to me, I was desperate! They suggested the Elizabeth Arden 8 hour balm, it quickly became my favourite, although being pricey, it has helped my lips from getting so bad again as I apply it every night.

I am also a fan of Nivea Lip Butter and Burt's Bees.

To remove dry dead skin from your lips you can either lightly exfoliate it with a dry tooth brush, but I love this Lush Lip Scrub in Bubblegum. I keep it in my bathroom and take a little everyday and rub it on my lips, it tastes super sweet if you can't resist eating it too.


These two steps will leave your lips feeling super smooth and ready for some red lipstick.




To make sure it doesn't budge all day, I use a lipliner as close to the lipstick shade as I can find, for One of a Kind, I used Black Tulip lip liner also by Rimmel which I wrote about in this blog post here :) I slightly outline to make them look fuller, using a lipliner holds the lipstick in place and stops it from bleeding into your skin around your lips.




This lipstick feels super nourishing and has a balmy texture. It is also really pigmented and glossy- similar to the shade of 107 by Kate Moss for Rimmel but with a glossy finish that doesn't compromise on colour. 


It is a lovely shade perfect for Christmas as it is a purpley toned red. Sometimes, I find post-box red lipsticks like Alarm by Rimmel can make me look even paler, I have a cool toned skin tone and it can make me look washed out. But a red lipstick with cool tones compliments my pale skin well and is much more wearable for me.



Since buying it, I have worn it several times, it suits a silvery smokey eyeshadow look - perfect for Christmas parties. But also everyday looks, like a soft brown / neutral eye look, which is how I have worn it today. I have worn it to work and can also confirm it is wonderfully long lasting and I have been asked which shade it is so they can buy it for themselves.

It is £6.99, for such a lovely lipstick I cannot recommend it enough :)

Lots of Christmas Kisses for ya all!

Thankyou for reading,

Check out my other Blogmas posts here  

Loads of love, B xox





No comments

Post a Comment