Christmas Party Makeup // Blogmas Day 7

Monday, 7 December 2015


Buenas Noches festive blogmas bees!

This weekend was my staff Christmas Party, an event we have been looking for literally all year, because we didn't have one last year! 

I work with mainly all girls (only 1 guy in 40, honestly!!) so we have spent weeks discussing what dresses we will wear, sparkly shoes and lipsticks. 

It was a dress to impress night at the Eden Project it was all very fancy ooh la la la!
I thought I would share with you the makeup bits and pieces I used, it lasted all night and even got a few compliments *blushes*

The only photo I got is a bit rubbish-y, ahh yes I have a story for you!
As I was getting ready, I had gone into the bathroom to pop my contact lenses in, as I walked out, the door knocked off the lid to the washing basket (a seriously heavy padded wooden thing) which landed on my toes vertically, it was super painful and I thought I had just broken my toe! Long story short, I can't walk, heels (well any shoes) were a no go and dancing at the Christmas party was me sitting on a chair throwing my arms in the air to 'Jump Around'.





Aaaannnyyywaaay...

I first of all used Benefit The POREfessional Primer, I have oily skin, so primer is a must have, especially if I want my makeup to last all night.

For my base makeup, I used my good ol' fave, Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer & Estée Lauder Double Wear Foundation, I love this, it is super long wearing, the finish of it is quite matte but not drying, and gives you a flawless finish! Because it isn't shimmery, it stops you looking shiny in photos. Then to set that all in place I used Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder.

I then filled in my brows with Seventeen Brows That eyebrow powder and wax.

For my eyes, I used a silver shade from the Iconic Pro 2 palette by Makeup Revolution all over my lids, highlighting in the corners with a shimmery white one from the same palette. I then took a matte grey to add depth and smokiness to my eyes, and then a tiny bit of black into the crease and under my bottom lashes. 

I topped that off with a flick of NYX vinyl liquid eyeliner in black and used Benefit Roller Lash for mascara. 

And where would I be without my Eylure No.116 Lashes! These just added length and a tiny bit more volume, which is a must for a Christmas party! 

I dont contour and highlight much, so just added a little shimmer to my cheek bones, nose, cupid's bow and eyebrows with a highlighter bit from Next's Bronzer (Its like shimmer brick) Then used a Natural Collection Blush to lightly dust my cheeks.

For lipstick- which for me, is the most exciting part of a party look, this took a lot of deciding but I went for Rimmel 107, a classic!  It is a lovely deep burgundy matte shade, it is so popular because it is so lovely!


Have you been to any Christmas Parties yet?



Lots of love, B xxx
 


2 comments

  1. I'm so with you on the Rimmel 107 - it's going to be my go-to lipstick on Christmas day! The iconic palette 2 is stunning! I'm such a fan of revolution makeup, such good prices and the pigmentations are always on point! Beautiful look! xx

    www.iridescentplaces.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your photography on this is amazing, and it looks stunning on!
    I love the Iconic Palette, such great quality for the price.
    ♥ Fran - www.frannymac.com xx

    ReplyDelete