Life | Retail Is Hard! // Blogmas Day 22

Tuesday, 22 December 2015


Hello lovelies!!

This week has been a little harder for me. I am working everyday, really long hours and today it has just made me feel a little low :(

I don't want to make this post negative, don't get me wrong, I am happy with my job and have a good time with all my work friends. When it comes to retail at Christmas, you have to work everyday, long hours, usually into the evening. Marking everything down for sale takes alooooot of work, there is thousands of clothes and products, you first have to take all the security tags off, then tag it with a sale label using a super sharp kimble guns (my fingers are not looking pretty right now) then penning it the sale price THEN you have to set up the shop floor to make it into a sale.

Its so hard to explain unless you work in retail, but you know how the shop changes and things move? People have to do that. Yep I know, mind blown, haha! Before I worked in retail I never thought about this process, it just happened right?

Just today has been hard, managers have been stressing out and we can only try and do our best. I know its my job and its not meant to be heaps of fun but meep :(

I don't feel very Christmassy this week and just wish I could curl up, watching Christmas films and not think about clothes and customers again!

I am so thankful for my lovely, hilarious and kind friends who I get to work with, we pull each other through hard work days, by singing  and dancing to cheesy Christmas songs, covering ourselves in glitter and scoffing all the selection boxes of chocolate.

I ate so much chocolate on Sunday I was actually concerned whether you could die from a chocolate overdose, oops.

Also thank you all for being such babes, I love this blogging community!!

Do you work in retail? Do you find it hard at Christmas?

I am fine though, after this week I will sleep and eat and get over it! 

I daydream about a day where I can open a cake shop with all my besties from work, where we don't have to work Christmas and we can chat and eat cupcakes all day! 

Thankyou for reading, 

Check out my other Blogmas posts here  

Loads of love, B xox







4 comments

  1. Yup, I'm a manager in retail and it's so hard! I'm working 10 days straight and I know by Christmas eve I'll be too tired to do anything but sleep!

    Corinne x
    www.skinnedcartree.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's the same with me, I am finally finished now for Christmas but back in for sale on Boxing Day! Hope you enjoy Christmas as much as possible :) xxx

      Delete
  2. Ah, I also know the struggle! Though I will admit that I am lucky, the week so far hasn't been too bad! In fact, it's much more enjoyable to be at work when it is a bit busy (and there are enough people on!), they day goes by more quickly. Don't get me wrong, some people have been horrid to deal with, but as a whole work hasn't been too bad.

    Good luck with your next few days! You can make it through :) And happy holidays :)

    Erin
    http://sexycardi.blogspot.ca

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We can get through it!! Glad you are enjoying it :) merry Christmas!! Xxxx

      Delete