Next Makeup Review // Blogmas Day 9

Wednesday, 9 December 2015




Next do makeup? Yes I didn't know either! It seems like most shops are now branching out to makeup lines too, like Topshop, Newlook and H&M.

I had tried their nail polish before and was impressed so thought I would give the makeup a go as well.

It is called Next Make Me Beautiful Cosmetics. 

I tested the lip glosses which I wasn't too keen on, I am not a big fan of lip glosses anyway, and they seemed to be very sticky and not too pigmented. 

Firstly I picked up this neutral eyeshadow quad palette. 
I like the colours and I tend to use browns on my eyes for everyday looks, and you can build it up to be darker or leave it quite simple and just to add a little depth & colour.



When I first swatched the shadows I was impressed with the colours and found them quite pigmented. The problem I have with it, is that it doesn't like to be on a brush. It is difficult to explain, but it doesn't get picked up much, so you have to layer it up a little. I used the lightest one for highlight in the corners of my eyes, then the third darkest one all over my lids, and use the darkest one in my crease to add depth. 

I do like it, but don't love it, yet. It could grow on me, perhaps I need to get used to it a little more. I haven't heard anymore reviews of it, but would be interested to see how other people find it.


This is a dupe for the Bobbi Brown Bronze Shimmer Brick. This is a bronzer I have seen that is the most similar to Bobbi Brown's one. Other brands have done similar, like Seventeen and Revlon, but this one is almost identical.
I haven't used the Bobbi Brown one before, but I do really love this Next Bronzer.

It is very shimmery and pigmented, it adds a lovely glow to your face and for only £8 I really recommend it.

I also use this as a highlighter, selecting the lightest one with an eyeshadow brush to apply it. I also take the darkest shades beneath my cheek and then the gold and pink shades over my cheeks. It is multi use or you can just take it all over your brush and add a slight shimmery glow like a normal bronzer.





They have a whole range of makeup products including eyeliner, illuminator and chubby sticks.

Have you tried any of these products?

Thankyou for reading! 

Check out my other Blogmas posts here  

Loads of love, B xox




6 comments

  1. That quad looks like it has a couple shades that would make for nice highlights. I would love to see swatches <3

    Wendy | XOBeautyAddict.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I posted a picture of me wearing it on Twitter this evening after reading this comment, I am rubbish at photographing swatches! haha! They are really lovely highlights, I am so impressed:) thankyou xxx

      Delete
  2. I had no idea Next did make up! The bronzer sounds great :) xx
    Chasing Belle 23

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I know right me neither! I think its new :) xx

      Delete
  3. Omg, these look AMAZING. I need to get my hands on them! Great post!

    xo Tiffany | tiffanymay.org

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I hope you like them too! There is also more eyeshadow quads as well that look lovely :) xxx

      Delete