Donning My Pinny

Tuesday, 26 January 2016


Hello lovelies!

Last week, one of my bestie work friends Kady, you may know her from my Christmas Jumper Day post << Linked here, well she is has been growing a perfect little baby bump and it was her time to leave the shop for her maternity leave.

We were all so sad to see her go, and as we are all lovers of cake, I agreed to don my pinning and bake one, and the other girlies brought her in flowers, dozens of nappies and a whole load of sudocrem. 

Anyway Kady hasn't found out whether she is having a baby girl or baby boy, but blue smarties were hard to come by, so pink it was for the cake! I created this cake by getting all the sweets I wanted to use (tried to stick to a colour theme) then just swirled them around, they were stuck on with some vanilla icing I use to cover the cake. I used the pink ribbon to keep all the chocolate fingers in place and to tie the pink theme together nicely.

If I do say so myself, it tasted pretttaaaay good! It was a chocolate cake underneath, and NO ONE can resist a chocolate cake least of all the girlies I work with and it was gobbled up  within the afternoon!

I will hopefully be back into the swing of blogging properly soon, life seems to be a bit hectic right now! I have an exciting project planned for February so stay tuned for that and you can even get involved too :)

What have you been up to recently?

Lots of love, B xxx





5 comments

  1. Ah this cake looks amazing! You did a great job. Chocolate cake is definitely my fave x

    Georgina | Rent or Chanel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh wow that cake looks so yummy <3 www.cupcakedollfaceblogs.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou hunny! Wish I could have a slice now :) xxx

      Delete
  3. Gorgeous cake! Loving the choc finger border haha :)

    sophee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete