Ssshh I'm a Secret Blogger!

Sunday, 31 January 2016




*Peers through closed curtains* Is the coast clear? Ok, I have a confession.

I am a secret blogger. 
Lets face it, I could be somethings much worse in secret hey?!

My little blog Life With B is something I haven't told anyone about, only you lovely readers know, you lucky devils! 

The thing is, I don't know how to tell people about it! When I thought about creating this blog I mentioned it to my Mum and she seemed a bit confused about the idea, therefore I didn't talk about it again or tell her I actually did it. At first it didn't bother me, I was blogging about films, and mascaras and what I was creating was being read by very few people and I didn't put as much effort and devotion into it as I do now. 

In a way I love it this way, I blog about whatever I want and I don't need to worry about what my friends and family will say about it. I am the type of person who cares so much (maybe too much) about what people think of me. Blogging is a pretty new thing, and it isn't quite the same hobby as horse riding is it? I was about to call the non bloggers 'Muggles' hahaha! Perhaps not... But you know what I mean? They can't quite get their head around it and could perceive it as a waste of time on the internet. I know this isn't the case with everyone and people can be really interested in it, but in my experience it has been a tad negative. I have seen people create blogs and people's negative reactions to them and this is a place for positivity! 

I don't like the idea of them reading and scrutinising everything I put online, it is something I created for myself and I am enjoying every second of it, the blogging community is incredible and I am so thankful to them for welcoming me in with open arms. 

The other half of me wants to scream it to the world, I want to tell them that someone said they liked my blog and share my joy with them, but now it is all fuzzy and Im confused about what to do. I have had conversations in my head where I tell them about it and reveal my secret (hahah calling it my secret makes me sound well dodgy!) But then I get too scared and carry on as we are. One friend suggested I start a blog and I really didn't know how to respond. 

As well as keeping my blog hush hush, my Youtube channel is also something I haven't had the guts to tell anyone about. This is harder for me, because I don't produce much on there, I can't very well whip out a camera and talk to it with NO context. It is weird enough as it is  WITH context so without, much harder, ha! I set myself a goal this year of producing at least one video a month, as well as vlogging my month, so far I have got little snippets, I am just hoping they all make sense when edited together. 

At the moment I will just carry it on as it is, I mean if anyone I know does ask me I will probably just tell them, maybe they already know and they aren't saying anything either, oh god!

Thankyou all for being part of my little corner of this internet, it is only little but it means everything to me, I love all your comments, tweets and likes, it makes my heart very happy! You are welcome always, and if I ever show my blogging face to the world I will let you know! 

How do you feel about your blog and telling people about it? Did you tell them straight away or wait, or have you not told anyone either? I would love to know :)

Much Love, B xxx



15 comments

  1. I think this is true for a lot of bloggers, we just don't know how to tell people but feel really awkward about it if we don't tell! I think your little corner is fab! :)
    Jess @ www.juicyyyjesss.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  2. Shh I am also a secret blogger! I totally understand the feeling, you want to share it with your friends but blogging is like a safe haven where you can share your passion!

    xx, A Little Dose of Makeup

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a safe haven I am so glad you understand what I mean :) xxx

      Delete
  3. I am totally the same, as far as i know apart from my family no one in my real life knows about my blog, i don't know why but i feel strange friends knowing i have a blog maybe because the wouldn't understand http://cupcakedollfaceblogs.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah exactly, I just don't know what to do! Sometimes its easier doing it independently :) xxx

      Delete
  4. I felt the same when I started blogging. A lot of people just sound so confused and don't understand why you do it but it just means you have a massive family of blogging friends that do understand you, can relate to you and will get where your coming from. I think the blogging world is amazing! :) xx

    Yasmina | The July Journal

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah a massive blogging family its amazing!! It really is, thankyou for being part of it with me :D xxx

      Delete
  5. I never really went out of my way to tell anyone about my blog, but I didn't hide it either. Sometimes it would naturally slip into conversation but most people think it's cool :) my mum loves it haha x

    sophee.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ahh yeah I may do that too! Awh thats really sweet, I love that! xxx

      Delete
  6. I could totally relate to your entire post. I don't go screaming I have a blog, but I have told some people and actually, I must say everyone I've told has been really supportive! (Thank goodness)

    But I still get that feeling like "what will they think if I say I have a blog? Oh dear! They're probably want to read it now! What if they don't like me? They're so going to judge me. That's it. It's the end of life as we know it". Yeah, I'm an over-thinker too.

    I guess what I'm trying to say is this was a great post, but I'm sure you told anyone about it they'd support you!

    Be | lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amazing! Thats so good, you don't want anyone being negative about it :) hahaha that is exactly like me too!! Thankyou lovely :) xxx

      Delete
  7. People know about my blog, but the only person who reads it is my mum and thats on rare occasions, to be honest, im not bothered if people i know dont read it.

    emyii90.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  8. Aww, I know you are not the only one. A lot of bloggers keep their blogs secret, so it seems! As for me, I was open about it from the start. I told my mum, and my grandma. And turns out, my grandma is one of my biggest supporters! Haha. She's always saying "oh I was just reading your blog on my iPad." She so hip! Lol. I put it out on Facebook, too, when I created a page and invited all my friends, family and in-laws to like it! I do think some of them don't totally get it. My mum more so than any of them, which is weird as I expected it to be my grandma who didn't get it! But they know I put a lot of effort into it, and that it matters to me so they are all very supportive. But, at the same time, there are some posts I hold back on because I know they're reading. So as nice as it is, and as lucky as I am that they support me, I sometimes wish I'd kept it secret, ya know? Haha. You'll 'come out' in your own time, or not. Whatever works for you :) x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thankyou! what a lovely response :D Hahah that's amazing!! Thankyou so much xxx

      Delete