Be Yourself, Beautiful • Day 6

Saturday, 6 February 2016




Hello loves, 


I love a good quote me, however cheesy or philosophical it may be, in fact I have a whole board dedicated to my favourite quotes on Pinterest.

When looking for the perfect one to use for todays post, this one really resonated with me, and I wanted to share these thoughts with you too.

Blogging can be difficult sometimes, well life in general can be can't it? We are constantly comparing ourselves to other people, for example I am always thinking..

I wish I had long legs like her
I should dress like this because I dress badly
Her Instagram is waaaay better than mine
I am not interesting enough maybe I should read up on this

I am constantly comparing myself, I may buy a dress I don't necessarily like or look good in, or read an intelligent novel I don't enjoy but want to, but do so to look cleverer, because I am trying to be someone else. Or even a better (not real) version of myself.

Growing up this is really difficult, why be myself when I can be more like this person? They are brilliant, amazing and everyone loves that person so I will just copy what they are doing. WRONG. Believe me, this is still a lesson I'm learning, and on a bad day I can catch myself out on this.

Yes that person may be fab, but hey you're fab too! 

As soon as you start being yourself, dressing how you want to dress, laughing at things you find funny, experiencing life with people who appreciate you for you are actually are, your beauty shines through, your beauty comes from the inside. 

Ok so you love to wear that bright orange jumper and welly boots, thats you, and you should love that. Because as soon as you love yourself other people will naturally embrace you, and nothing looks more beautiful than happiness and being content.

Besides it is difficult to keep up with an unreal version of yourself. Confidence comes with feeling comfortable, you naturally gravitate towards what you really love and act. Like getting really excited because some suggested watching The Notebook than that documentary that looks really boring but you thought you should watch to become more 'worldly' and 'interesting'. 

If you think about all the most loveable fictional characters, authors have a knack of making them so beautiful by what they love and their little quirks. For example I am currently reading Me Before You and Lou loves her bumble bee tights and homemade dresses and Will adores her for that.

My friend was talking to me yesterday about not attracting guys she actually likes, for example when she would go out looking for a guy she would do her hair, makeup, dress all glitz and glam, but when she is just being herself will wear ripped jeans and flip flops. I said to her she should just be herself, but to her that didn't seem an appealing option. 

Clearly we all need to embrace ourselves some more, you are not being selfish or narcissistic by being & loving yourself, you're just being you, and that is the most beautiful version of  yourself you can be.

I hope I articulated myself well enough! I could go on about this for hours, but don't want to bore you, haha!

What is your favourite quote?


Thankyou so much for reading and I will see you tomorrow,

lots of love, B xox



4 comments

  1. I love this post! I agree with everything you said! I always wear what makes me comfortable to college, that happens to be quite dressed up but I just go with it because I know it makes me happy and that's what really matters x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh wow thankyou so much :D exactly, you go girl xxx

      Delete
  2. Love it! I change my iPad quote quite often so when I'm at work I'm reminded of it every time I pick it up! Might go for this one next, thanks!
    Love, Lucy
    Lucy Loves

    ReplyDelete