Behind The Blogging Scenes • Day 20

Saturday, 20 February 2016


Hi lovely ladies!

Behind the perfectly positioned and edited photographs, there is a blogger, in an awkward position trying to get the best light, angle and background.

Flat lays are hard ok! Trying to stop things from rolling away, making sure the cat doesn't walk over it, and that the carpet hasn't crept into the frame.

First of all, my ideas are all jotted into my notepad, rather messily, with lots of arrows and quick drawings showing how I want to post to look and brief bullet points. 

I then collect all my bits and pieces together that I want to photograph or use.

Then I choose which background to use. Anything to cover up my grey carpet! 
Now this is where you can be creative, I have a selection of patterned paper from a scrapbook making kit, I use the pink ones most often.
Wallpaper is also really handy, if you can find a nice neutral one, you can then create a perfect background, try looking for a white wooden one or marble effect one. (Top blogging secret right there)
I have also recently purchased a white foam board from Hobbycraft. Linked here <<  to create a crisp white background, it is more sturdy than wallpaper on carpet, so it keeps everything in place because the foam keeps it flat.

Then to photograph your creation! 
I either use my Sony a5000 camera, I haven't quite got the knack of it yet though, I can't seem to work the macro settings oops... Or I use my iPhone 6. I use my phone the most, because of the way I edit my photographs. I find the camera on the phone to be of such good quality, more so in bright natural light, the images are always so crisp, I am always so impressed!

Edit
Like I said I find it easier to take the photographs on my phone because I use apps to edit my images, although my camera has wifi so you can send photographs directly to my phone as well. I use VSCO cam, Afterlight and Avery.

I then write up my posts on my laptop and click publish, viola! 

What are your blog editing top tips?


Thankyou so much for reading and I will see you tomorrow,

lots of love, B xox

9 comments

  1. Sorry, but I need to ask this: what did you use to take the picture in this post? Because both your iPhone and your camera are in it!

    I have an iPhone 6 too but I'm always afraid that they won't be good enough. But your photos are really good, so I guess I should give my iPhone more credit!

    Lately, I've been taking my blog's photos in my kitchen because there's the best light there and the table is white so it's the perfect canvas!

    Oh if non-bloggers saw us taking pictures for our blogs!

    Be | lovefrombe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha yes!! I didn't know what I was going to do but I used my mums phone instead (the quality isn't as good though)
      iPhones work really well with good light! Not so much when it's a bit dark, you should give it ago also you can tap on the screen to focus it :) hahah! They would be so confused! Xxx
      Ooh yeah good idea! I sometimes use the conservatory too because that's really light :)

      Delete
  2. All of these background ideas are so genius. I'll have to hit up my local hobby lobby. Thanks for sharing!!

    elainea
    toast the girl almighty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You're welcome! Hope you find some goodies :) xx

      Delete
  3. You have such a great camera! Taking great photos aren't as easy as many think
    Beauty Candy Loves

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog photos! I use a dressing gown on a table haha it helps create a big of texture to the photograph!!! Taking blog photos is an never ending struggle x

    http://thriftyvintagefashion.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  5. Really useful post for someone still getting to grips with blogging :) x

    Simplyloz.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you liked it and I hope it comes in handy :) xxx

      Delete