Getting Lost In A Book - Best Read • Day 13

Saturday, 13 February 2016





"Beth, you should read this book, in-fact you HAVE to read this book"

Yes ok Hanna, I will read it! 

To be honest with you, I was a little scared to read this book, I was told it would make me cry. And when I say I cry at books or films, I cry. Big hysterical crying, snotty blotchy face the lot. Also I knew I would get so attached to this book that I would barely put it down until I finished it. As soon as I picked it up, I was completely lost in this story, a whole day went by where I was tucked up with a cup of tea and this book. I was completely in love.

I spent three hours yesterday evening, reading it until I finished it, I was up until past midnight after I had told myself I would just read a chapter.
This really is a book you can't put down.

JoJo's writing is so beautiful and so easy to read, you honestly feel you are in the book and living within it. It is written in the way I think, so I felt fully immersed in Lou & Will's story.

Me Before You made me even think about my own life, and that takes a powerful book for you to feel so emotionally invested in it.

I don't want to say 'this book will make you cry' because when people say that to me I am determined not to. But I did read most of this book through blurry teary eyes.

It is perfectly written and captivating. I didn't want the book to end, I could have carried on reading it for eternity. My copy of the book is now being passed around friends, and I wonder how long it will be until I can have it back again, but I know for sure I will be getting lost in it again. 

The film of the book is coming out this year and I cannot wait until it does!
Until then I will be getting my hands on the sequel 'After You' no doubt, JoJo Moyes has worked her magic on this one too. You will be hearing from me again after I have emerged from that one.

What books do you love?


Thankyou so much for reading and I will see you tomorrow,

lots of love, B xox

7 comments

  1. Ah it sounds like a lovely book - I hate it when books make me cry xx

    Gemma ♥ Miss Makeup Magpie

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm going to try get into reading more. I haven't read anything from this author but this book sounds really good - going to have to give it a read! Thanks for the recommendation :)

    Hana | www.hanarosella.blogspot.co.uk ♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. This was the first of her's I read too, was really lovely & you're welcome :D xxx

      Delete
  3. I love this book, it's so good! I can't wait for the film xo
    student-stylexo.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hiiii!!!

    Ok, so I read this book about a year ago and it was sooooo sad and kind of makes me think of the important things in life.

    If you haven't read the second one> after you. I highly recommend it.

    Kisses!!!

    Nat, Joha & Adri.

    Sisters&Bloggers

    ReplyDelete