Home • Day 17

Wednesday, 17 February 2016


Good afternoon beauties!

I thought a lot about what defines 'home' to me. Currently I live in a brick house, on a sweet street, in a little town, with my mum, puppy Dudley and cat Tiff.

I grew up on a little farm, with lots of sheep but when I was 10, we moved into the house we live in now, the best part for me was living next door to my best friend. 

I feel very lucky to live here, as I grew into my teens, we would finish our school day, walk into town, sit by the river, eat takeaway fish & chips, swinging our legs back and forth over the river, meet friends in the park, play games in the street, walk our dogs and at in summer have street parties with lots of cake and bunting.

I developed into the person I am today by living here, my best friend and I would spend every night playing with makeup, learning dance routines and playing pranks on the boys in the street. As we grew older we would have parties and mix our parents drinks together to create some god awful cocktail.

I know if I had continued to live on the little farm, I would have grown up completely differently and for that I am grateful to my mum for spoiling me with a home full of friendship and safety.

Although, my home, always will be, Cornwall.

Cornwall probably brings a sunny image to your mind, of beaches, pasties, cream teas,  Summer holidays, am I right?

It really is beautiful and I am incredibly proud to call it home.

I have often heard or been told to leave Cornwall, there is so much more going on in the world. For me, of course I want to travel and experience the world, but ultimately I want to return to my safe haven in Cornwall. 

One of my closest friends moved to Cornwall from North England, and she said she would never move back. It is a pretty calm county, no major roads, you might get stuck behind a tractor making you late for work but thats about it!

I took this photograph, on a sunny October day, on the river Fowey. I have spent a lot of my days here and it has a big place in my heart.

What do you consider home? 


Thankyou so much for reading and I will see you tomorrow,

lots of love, B xox

No comments

Post a Comment