What Makes Me Smile • Day 22

Monday, 22 February 2016


Aloha beauties!!

I know its Monday, and Monday's have a tendency to be a bit rubbish. But I do hope some smiles have crept into your day!! 

I thought about what I would post for today, a lot of things came to mind, a lot of things make me smile, how could I just restrict it to one for this post! 

So instead I thought about WHO makes me smile, and that has to be my friends.

I love it when my diary is filled to the brim with plans and outings with my closest friends, often I try to see all of them every week (which is hard when they live all over the place).

Recently I have become really close with work friends, we have made sure to make time for each other outside of work - whether that being a quick coffee and cake date or a pub quiz. It is the best feeling knowing you have things to look forward to with people you love.

I don't want to dwell on recent bad times, and my anxiety has really gotten the better of me,  but you're real friends will be there throughout. If they are reading this (I'm sure they're not unless they have found me buried within the internet) than I am SO THANKFUL! Thankyou for always making me smile,
thankyou for dancing when we were meant to be working,
for texting me that buzz feed link,
for asking me how my day was,
for being there for me,
and thankyou for being you, with me. You are the best.

I also want to share with you a funny moment that happened to me last week which brought me a lot of joy, my lovely friend Kady and I went to the Eden Project to keep her kids entertained. At Eden they have a really high look out point, which takes 66 (terrifying) steps to get to, which you can see through and it shakes as you walk up it. Kady couldn't go up because she is pregnant, so I offered to take Aleigha and Jowin up for her because they really wanted to. I. Was. Terrified. As it came to our turn, I was shaking and wondering why I had agreed to this because A. I am afraid of heights and B. I thought I was going to be sick.
 Anyway, up we walked, Aleigha running a head like a crazy child (honestly taking one step at a time was scary enough) and so I was left with Jowin, the sweetest four year old boy, I said "Do you want to hold my hand?!" (more like begging because I needed the moral support) and he replied with "NO! Im fine" Hahha! I laughed and thought Im not fine! When we got to the top they called me over to show me how amazing it was and I felt so happy I had got to the top and not chickened out! 

I love little simple moments like that, they make you truly happy :)


Whats made you smile this week or today?

"Never underestimate the importance of having a person in your life who can always make you smile"


Thankyou so much for reading and I will see you tomorrow,

lots of love, B xox

2 comments

  1. I feel it is so important to remind yourself of what makes you happy. When I have a bad day I try to think of the things that make me happy - the little and the big things.
    Atm that is thinking about the holiday the boyfriend and me are planning this year, going shopping with my mum on saturday and breakfast with mine and my bfs parents on sunday.
    And peanut butter and banana on fresh bread :D
    Love,
    Jenny xxx

    Jenny Side Up

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thats so lovely! Where are you going on holiday? Mmm peanut butter!! Thankyou for your comment it made me smile! :D xxx

      Delete