Book Haul • 2

Saturday, 5 March 2016


Oh hello there lovelies,

I did it again, I brought more books when I haven't finished the ones I already own. I can't resist, new books are so beautiful and I can't help myself, I read reviews and read the blurbs and they just happen to come home with me in a Waterstones bag. 

If you wanted to build your book shelf, I recommend getting your books from Waterstones, Amazon and Charity shops.

Waterstones have an amazing refund policy, if you aren't enjoying the book and not completely destroyed it, then you can just take it back, change it for a different one, or have it refunded onto a gift card. Also talk to the staff because chances are they love books as much as you do (they do work there after all) and they will recommend books to read and what they've loved or what they're currently reading, they may also give you books for half price if they haven't already been marked as 'buy one get one half price'. 

Amazon, you can find books cheaply on there, also you can view books similar to ones you've previously enjoyed, and read the reviews / recommendations.

Charity Shops, you can find books in for as little as 50p, they have hundreds of books donated to them as people stop reading paper backs instead choosing kindles or audio books, their book selections always tend to be pretty big, so lots to choose from I also get compilation CDs from charity shops for a good sing song in my car., gotta love a bit of Steps and Busted. I have even found Harry Potter books in there, and usually pick up some chick flick books if I am going on holiday for really cheap. 

Reasons To Stay Alive- Matt Haig
The lady serving me suggested this book to me as it was on the till point and I was reading the reviews because I had previously read The Humans by Matt Haig and had enjoyed it. He talks through difficult times in life and how to survive it and that is is ok.

Not That Kind Of Girl - Lena Dunham
Brought this purely because of Caitlin Moran's recommendation. I am a feminist *of course* this a whole other conversation I would like to have at another time, but I was really inspired by Lena when I saw her interviewed and was instantly convinced I needed to read this book.

How to Build a Girl - Caitlin Moran
Ahh Caitlin, my answer to all my questions, if you need to feel inspired and have a good head nodding session going 'she's right, this woman is ingenious' then watch her being interviewed or read her "How to be a woman" memoir, honestly best book I have ever read.
I brought this book because its Caitlin Moran's and really that is enough reason for me to do anything.

After The Crash- Micheal Bussi
Again, the cashier (another time) told me to read this book as he had been reading it and was loving it. He also gave it to me half price and insisted I could bring it back if I didn't get on with it. It sounded so enticing though, and branded the 'thriller of the year'.

Elizabeth Is Missing - Emma Healy
After I read Girl on the Train, I investigate on Amazon to find a book similar because I had loved it so much. The main character has dementia, who embarks to find her friend who she believes has gone missing. This is a thriller and mystery before you add it to your shopping trolley, I don't imagine its going to be a light hearted easy read!

Me Before You - Jo Jo Moyes
Feel like I'm late to the party on this one, seen as it is an international best seller. However, my friends Hanna and Charlotte told me I HAD to read this book NOW because the film is coming out this year, starring Sam Claflin, oh how I love Sam Claflin. It is a romantic novel and I have already started this one, although I am only a few chapters in, the characters are impossible to fall in love with, and JoJo's writing is gorgeous, it is effortless and beautiful to read, can't imagine it will take me long to get through, I have been warned to get the tissues ready though. (I wrote this post a month before publishing it I have now completed this beautiful book and I have written a whole post about it)

What books are you reading at the moment? Any I should add to the list?

Thankyou for reading! 

Lots of love, B xox




9 comments

  1. I love book and if I could I would buy all of them. I'm planning on going to the Charity shop to check out what they have. At the moment I'm reading Love,Rosie by Cecelia Ahern. I loved the movie so I decided to read the book too. xo

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Charity shops are such a great place for books! I am after the last Harry Potter book and have been searching them to find one :) ahh I love that film!! I want to read that book too, let me know if its good :) xx

      Delete
  2. Haha omg I always buy books even though I have 21 on my to read list... Oops. I've just bought the Lena Dunham and Caitlin Moran ones (are we feminist goals or����) and I've heard amazing things about me before you. Tell me how it goes xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great book haul!! I love Me Before You, its a great read. Studying English lit I am always reading but I need to learn to make some time for regular, non-academic books haha. Great post though, love seeing what your latest reads are x

    Aliya x | thecatandthegirl.blogspot.co.uk | https://www.bloglovin.com/people/thegirl09-10150959

    ReplyDelete
  4. I buy all my books from Waterstones/Amazon/Charity shops. But I had no idea about Waterstones returns policy if you don't like a book, that is really cool! I have all the above books on my shelf to read (along with about 100 others!) besides the Caitlin Moran one as I do not get on with her books at all. x www.aimeeraindropwrites.co.uk x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they are really good! Haha I can't wait to read them :) oh no that's a shame I love Caitlin Moran :) xxx

      Delete
  5. Great buys, I didn't know about Waterstones return policy! Definitely going to remember that in the future.
    Caitlin Moran's book is great :) xx

    Bethan Likes

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was surprised too! Just get chatting to them and they are really helpful :) xx

      Delete