My Skin Care Favourites

Sunday, 3 April 2016



Hello beautifuls!

My 'product shelf' has noticeably increased in size recently (enough for people to comment on it "DO YOU REALLY USE THIS ALL?!" urrr maybe... 

I used to have bad skin, since then I have always maintained a good skin routine, properly cleansing it and keeping blemishes at bay. 

Morning (before makeup) -

Use a choice of face wash
A spritz of Vitamin E face mist

Evening -

Remove all my makeup with Garnier Micellar Water
Wash face with Lush Angels On Bare Skin
Cleanse skin with Witch Hazel
Apply Grease Lightning on any blemishes
Spritz of Vitamin E face mist

If I am feeling extra fancy, I like to use a face mask either Soap & Glory The Fab Pore or Noxi Doxi Mask & Peel.

I have talked about most of these products in detail already on my blog, so I will just talk about them briefly here to avoid it being a super long post!

Micellar Water.
 I have found to be the kindest way to remove makeup, I always go for the one suitable for oily skin, popping it on some cotton wool pads and sweeping it over my face. This removes makeup and cleanses skin at the same time, and each bottle lasts for ages!

The Tea Tree and Vitamin E range by The Body Shop are my favourite.
 Tea tree is a natural anti bacterial so helps with blemishes and cleanses pores. Vitamin E nourishes and keeps skin moisturised. The face mist is suitable for any skin type and smells of rose water so feels super fresh and lovely.

Lush Angels on Bare Skin. 
Their face scrubs are like little pots of joy. It comes in dry form and you mix it in your palms with water to create a paste to gently exfoliate and cleanse your skin. I brought my first pot in August and this is the 3rd, so they really do last for ages. I tend to use this one in the evening to really make sure my makeup has made its exit from my face, to stop it getting in my pores and causing spots. 

Witch Hazel.
Not the most glamorous item on the shelf. I actually brought this for my new ear piercing as it is a natural antibacterial. But on the bottle it said it is great for clearing skin so I have been giving it a go. Although it smells disgusting! It has really helped to clear black heads. For only £2 it is staying put in my routine. 

Grease Lightning spot treatment.
Even though I am really strict with my skin care routine, I still get spots (would be a miracle if I didn't) so I just pop this on any that even think about making an appearance. It is made from tea tree which soothes any inflammation as well as acting as an antiseptic. 

All of the products I use are either from Boots, Lush or The Body Shop, so they are all affordable, and I always rebuy these because I have found them to be really good for my skin and keep it looking clear.

What are your skin care favourites / essentials?

Thankyou so much for reading!!

Love from B xx










1 comment

  1. I would love to try out more LUSH skincare, everyone raves about them and I have loved the bits I got like the Ultrabland Cleanser! :) x

    Jadirah Sarmad at Jasmine Catches Butterflies ʚϊɞ

    ReplyDelete