The Happiness Project

Friday, 3 June 2016



Hello beautifuls!! 

I've had this post in my drafts for months, its a pretty big thing I've wanted to talk about so had to do a lot of thinking about it first. 

I've posted before about the concept of 'Getting Happy' as it was my New Year's resolution last year and I finally felt like I could tick it off. 

I'm not going to lie but life gave me a few lemons and over the space of a year I have learnt to make lemonade. Yes, it took a few attempts, of course I didn't get it right first time. But I think figured out a few tips to a happier life..

1- Cut out all the bad lemons.
Obviously you can't make a lemonade with rotten lemons. Nobody should be in your life who makes you sad, feel bad about yourself or bring general negativity. I cut out two of these and my life improved almost immediately. Don't give your precious time to these people, when there are incredible people out there who will improve and sweeten your life. 

2- Once you've cut out the bad lemons, surround yourself with THE BEST PEOPLE EVER. Having good people around you is the best feeling ever. Make time for the people you love and value them. Friendship has been the most important thing to me. Because friends will be there to laugh with you until your whole body hurts and also pick you up when your down. 

3- Laugh More.
Don't get too stressed or busy that life runs away from you, don't take life too seriously, laughter is the best medicine. 

4- Worry less, live more. 
Ok so I'm talking cheesy pasta. You want the cheesy pasta, eat it. Stop worrying about the calorie intake, take everything in moderation, but never no to something that will make you happy. Cheesy pasta always makes me happy. 
Also, dance and sing ALOT. Dance in your bedroom as you get ready for work, sing at the top of your voice in the car. Sure, people will drive past with a concerned look on their face but SO WHAT, YOU'RE STILL A ROCKSTAR so on and so forth, you get the idea. 

5- Love yourself, love the bones of yourself.
Incase no one told you recently, you are incredible, look at those legs that take you anywhere you like, those hands that sketch, write and create. Those eyes that see everything, ears that hear all your favourite songs and your mind that imagines, remembers and enjoys. Don't wait for someone to love all these things, you need to fall in love with you because you'll always be here for you, people can let you down. You can pick your own self up when you fall. 

6- Don't give into pressure.
People are always going to assume you should be doing something else. Well let me tell you this for free, you will never be doing the right thing to someone, you cannot physically impress the world at once. We can't be expected to have our life together at all times, neither will we always know what to do or what's best. But guess what, thats fine. As long as you're happy and healthy, that pressure will go away. Life doesn't have a path we are all meant to follow, create your own path. 

7- Appreciate everything.
Take a step back, isn't everything pretty amazing? 
This has got to be the most important and key part of a happier life. Once you appreciate everything a little more, life automatically becomes a lot more enjoyable.

Ok for now these are my tips, I don't claim to have this whole life thing figured out but if I can help at least one of you thats all that matters.

I hope you are all having the best week, and I will see you soon!

Lots of love, B xoxo





4 comments

  1. These are such lovely tips that I agree will make you happier! I think we all strive to achieve these, including myself! Good luck lovely! Xx

    Thrifty vintage fashion

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awh thankyou so much, so glad you liked it :D xx

      Delete