HOW TO KEEP YOUR SKIN CLEAR

Wednesday, 29 March 2017


Hello there,

As someone who used to have terrible spots as a teenager I have been through a battle to find the solutions to clear skin. I still get the odd one thanks to hormones, shout out to mother nature. But these are my tips to keeping your skin clear on a daily basis. 

I also have oily / combination skin, so this is what works for my skin type. 

When I was in school and college, I was convinced that I had dry skin, I don't know why because it clearly wasn't, so I was buying completely the wrong products suited to a different skin type, which probably contributed to bad skin. 

1, Hence why my first tip is to figure out what skin type you have, then go from there. If you're not sure, you can always ask the lovely ladies at makeup counters and they will advise you on which you are what foundation is suited to your skin type.

2, Use natural face wash and moisturises. I find these work amazingly for my skin, because there is such a thing as 'over washing' your face, if you are sticking lots of chemicals on your face and scrubbing it everyday, you are taking all the natural barriers off your skin leaving it prone to spots. If you want to find a natural face wash, get yourself into Lush. I use Angels on Bare Skin cleanser, which comes in a paste form which you add water too to wash your face with. They have lots of different cleansers I would also recommend Herbalism. 

I also use Aloe products, aloe is amazing for your skin, I use the scrub every few days and the Aloe gel most evenings to moisturise. 



3, Wash your hair at night. Ok hear me out here shower in the morning people! Your hair collects grease and dirt throughout the day, especially from products like hairspray and dry shampoo, then this transfers onto your bedsheets and pillows then onto your face. If you are struggling with bad skin this may help reduce sebum build up. 

4, Don't use makeup with Talc in it. Talc is used in some loose powders and it clogs your pores up and creates spots so avoid this at all costs. Its usually in cheaper makeup brands. It is worth buying a little more pricier one (even like Maybelline still drugstore) for example I brought a Collection loose powder, I am a massive fan of Collection however this made my skin break out so bad. I knew it was from the makeup because I had spots all over where I applied it and once I stopped using it the spots disappeared. 

5, Avoid makeup / baby wipes to remove makeup. I was told by a skin care professional that these are terrible for your skin and your better off just using wet kitchen roll or flannel to remove makeup. Stick to a gentle makeup remover, my personal favourite is Garnier's Micellar Water, and I stick to the green one which is for combination skin. 

6, Keep makeup brushes clean. This is so important. Try and wash them every week, you will notice that if your brushes are dirty you will get spots from a build up of dirt in your pores. For example when I haven't washed my blush brush for a while I will get pimples all along my cheeks. I wash my brushes with a Lush soap because it is gentle enough for your face so won't irritate your skin.

7, If you are still struggling with bad skin, keep and eye on your diet. Your diet has a huge impact on your skin, you need to make sure you are getting enough vitamins and a balanced diet which will make it look brighter and clearer. I also gave up dairy which I think has had a positive impact on my skin. If you keep a food diary you will be able to draw conclusions from what you're eating in correlation of when your skin is worse.

I hope this post has been helpful.

Feel free to share your tips below on how you look after your skin.

Thankyou for reading, 

from, Beth xxx














No comments

Post a Comment