THE DAILY FACE 2017

Tuesday, 11 April 2017


Hello again!

I have basically given up on the whole beauty aspect to my blog(more on that later) but hey I'm dipping my toes back into it.

Most days, people comment on my makeup, they ask me how I do my brows, or what coverage I use, or what lipstick I'm wearing etc. I work in retail so the amount of people I see a day is a lot, but it usually something I'm asked about. 

I just thought, because I hadn't done a daily face post since about a year ago I would do an updated one, even though not much has changed. Which in some ways is a good thing, means that all the products I use are great and I am constantly re-buying them and raving about them.

First things first, I use a primer.
I go for The Body Shop's Tea Tree primer, simply because it is suitable for blemish prone skin (hello) and primer is essential when you have oily skin because makeup tends to slip off, but this keeps it in place really well.

I then use foundation, which I apply with my fingers (because I find that brushes and sponges soak up so much, so you use less with your fingers, but make sure they are clean, obvs) I have loved Revlon Colour Stay for 2 years now and I haven't used anything else. I use the one suitable for oily skin in shade Buff. It is so good, I never find I have to top up my makeup all day as the coverage is amazing, so many people ask me what foundation I use, so I must have recommended this to about 20 people and they all love it as much as I do.

I use concealer under my eyes, around my nose, on my chin and anywhere I have redness. I have been using the concealer which goes with my foundation, which is the Revlon Colour Stay concealer. It is a really nice consistency and has good coverage, I buff this in with a damp beauty blender.

I then set that in place with my all time favourite powder, Rimmel Stay Matte pressed powder, in shade Translucent, and apply this with a fluffy powder brush. If you want super high coverage apply this with a beauty blender, I do this sometimes. 

For bronzer & blush, I use this Next Shimmer Brick and Nars Orgasm blush. Both of which are super pigmented with a gold shimmer to them which is very warming to your skin tone. I use the bronzer, under my cheek bones, to slightly contour my nose, under my chin, jawline and on my forehead. I love this and it makes such a difference to my makeup look.

For brows, I use the Rimmel Brow This Way, it is such good value for money, and I have re-brought this many times too, even though it lasts for ages. Using an angled brush I sculpt the shape of my brows with the wax and then fill them in with the powder. 

For eyes, I keep them pretty simple, I always use white eyeliner, the one I use is this Barry M soft kohl pencil, just to brighten up my eyes, I don't know if they do make my eyes look bigger but I like to think so. I always go for cat eyeliner, and usually whichever one I can get my hands on, I'm not that fussy when it comes to liquid eyeliners, I have been using this Glam Eyes one by Rimmel though which I think is pretty good. 

If I do wear eyeshadow which is not that often, I use the Wycon eyeshadow primer, my mum brought this for me from Italy, but I think you can buy it online. With a soft brown / cream eyeshadow over the top. Nothing crazy, unless I use some rose gold glitter that I am quite fond of. I just find this primer makes the shadows look so much more pigmented and keeps it in place all day (or all shift in my case)

I always switch between which mascara is my favourite, I still think its Maybelline Falsies, but I haven't brought that one for ages, and trying to venture out of being a creature of habit I brought this Kiko Luxurious Lashes Extra Volume Mascara. I picked it up because it had a super thick brush, it looked really pigmented and was only £7.20, bargain. I have to say I am really impressed with it and would probably buy it again if I find myself in a Kiko store.

For lips (my favourite part) I love wearing all kinds of shades, and I can be found wearing bright pink and florescent purple on some days. However, for every day I love to wear Mac's lip pencil in Edge to Edge as you can see it has been well loved. I brought it last June, so its lasted pretty long, and I am a lover of using lip pencils as lipstick because they are matte. Don't know if that makes me weird, but I do it all the time and liners are cheaper anyway, so its a winner if you ask me.

Recently I have also loved the Nyx Soft Matte Creams, I have a blog post coming soon on them, because they are quickly replacing Mac as my favourite lipstick. This shade I love is Amsterdam. It is a pink toned red shade. It applies beautifully and doesn't dry and crack on your lips even though its matte, it feels really nourishing on your lips. The first time I wore it to work, nearly everyone commented on it and asked me what it was.



And that's it. My everyday makeup, I am pretty happy with this little routine I have going on, and I am really happy with the results and the staying power of all these products. I find by the end of a busy day at work, going out in the evening, by the time I come home, it still looks good and I am always reluctant to take it off! So that's a good sign!


What's your favourite go to makeup products? Or send me your daily face posts on Twitter so I can have a read.

Thankyou for reading as always!

By the way I have a new Instagram account if you wouldn't mind following me on it that would be great the link is below :D









2 comments

  1. Love this! Need to buy Nars blusher! Also love the sound of the body shop primer too! X

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thankyou!!! Yes it's lovely I definitely recommend and lasts for ages xxx

      Delete