FILMS YOU MAY NOT HAVE SEEN BUT NEED TO

Wednesday, 10 May 2017



Recently, I made a huge list of films I had never seen & felt like I needed to, because the usual reactions I had from people went like, HOW HAVE YOU NEVER SEEN THAT?!

So I made a list and I am slowly but surely making my way through them, there's about 30 on the list. However, I wanted to share with you some of my favourite films, some I have watched recently, others I have loved for years. I have done one of these posts since I started my blog so it was about time I did an updated one. 


First of all is Love, Rosie. 
I adore this film. I must have watched it at least 10 times, it seems to come and go off of Netflix quite often, at the moment its not there, but will probably be back soon. I feel like this film slipped under the radar a bit, and if you haven't seen it, you are missing out on a beautiful film. It has Lily Collins & Sam Claflin (beautiful man) in it, its a romantic comedy and I would compare it to One Day (but better) and Bridget Jones. It is just perfect. 


Room. 
This film made me cry my eyes out, it is so thought provoking and interesting. It is based on the book by Emma Donoghue, about a woman and her son, trapped in a Room for 7 years, and her son believes the room is the whole world. It is the story of their escape to freedom, and it is even giving me goosebumps typing this. I heard about this film watching the BAFTAS because Brie Larson won Best Actress. 


PRIDE. 
Oh my God, I fucking love this film, in fact I watched it again after I watched it first because it is just brilliant. This also slipped under the raider I feel, as I recommend it to so many people they have no idea what I am talking about. But is has Rudy in from Misfits and  Candice from Fresh Meat. It is about the Gay rights movement in 1984 and how a group of activists help out a Welsh mining town during the mining strikes. The actors are incredible, it is funny, it's emotional and captivating. But also the costumes, soundtrack and sets are so authentic, I just love it. 


The Boat That Rocked.

This is a Richard Curtis film, although it is not his classic rom com film like Love Actually. This is set in the 1960's where Pirate Radio is breaking the rules and playing 24/7 rock and roll music, on their boat Radio Rock. The cast is some of the best actors, including Bill Nighy, Nick Frost, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, Chris O'Dowd & Katherine Parkinson. It is just such a feel good funny film and the soundtrack is amazing so you can't help but love it. 


Captain Fantastic.
If you can't already tell, all of these films I adore, and could watch a hundred times over. This is no different. I heard of this film, again watching The BAFTAs this year, as Viggo Mortensen was up for Best Actor, and it was wrongly given to Casey Affleck (of course, in my opinion) This film reminds me a little of Little Miss Sunshine, it follows the story of a family, who have chosen to live in the wilderness and self educate their children. When their mother dies, they have to venture out into the world and confront society and it is a beautiful story about the family coming to grips with normality whilst being extremely eccentric. I mean, this picture says it all.

That is it for now, I will probably continue to create posts like this as I have so many more on my list I would love to share with you all. 

Have you seen any of these films and what should I add to my list?

Thankyou for reading, 

Beth xx












No comments

Post a Comment