ULTIMATE BROWNIE RECIPE

Tuesday, 2 May 2017


On rainy bank holiday Monday, as I was watching endless hours of films I decided to do some baking. After all, I needed a chocolate fix, and to use up the left over eggs. 

These brownies took me about 20 minutes to make, and 25 minutes in the oven, and if I do say so myself, they taste pretty good. I shared them with my friend over a picnic today and she agreed they are pretty tasty, so I decided to share the recipe with you too!

Ingredients -

115g dark chocolate
115g butter
200g caster sugar
2 eggs
140g plain flour
2tbsp cocoa powder
sea salt flakes
2tsp vanilla extract

Pre heat the oven to 180 degrees. 

Melt the chocolate and the butter together. I did this over a stove.

Add this to a mixing bowl with the sugar, use a spatular to mix them together. 

Add one egg and mix.

Fold in the flour and other egg (adding the eggs separately stops them from curdling)

Use a metal spoon if its difficult to mix together.

Add cocoa powder, sea salt flakes and vanilla extract and give it a final mix.

Pour the mixture into a lined square tin, and use the spatular to even it out.

Pop in oven for 25 minutes, if it starts to burn on top, use tin foil to cover it whilst it carries on baking. 

After 25 minutes make sure the brownies and cooked by doing the good old knife test to see if it comes out clean then it's done. If not just put it back in the oven until it does come out clean with no cake batter on.

Then leave on a cooling wire to cool down, I wiggled them out the tin using the grease proof paper and left them to cool in the grease proof paper. 

Then make a cup of tea and enjoy.

Hope you like this recipe! I also added some left over caramel easter eggs to the top of mine but you don't have to do that.

Thankyou for reading and let me know if you make these!

From, Beth xxx

PS come join me over here too...






4 comments

  1. They look so delicious. I once tried to make brownies and as I can remember they didn't turned out the best. Definitely going to give this recipe a go. Thank you for sharing. xx

    Antonia || Sweet Passions

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh no!! This is the best recipe I have ever tried so hope you like them too 😘 Xxxx

      Delete
  2. These look and sound delicious! Definitely going have to give these a go!xx

    Hannah | luxuryblush

    ReplyDelete