TUNES IN THE DUNES

Tuesday, 4 July 2017


Tunes in the Dunes is a beach festival held in Cornwall, in Perranporth. After wanting to go for a few years, we booked tickets back in March & the day finally came. Thankfully the sun even shined, considering the night before it rained so much they couldn't even open the main stage. As I took a few photos, I wanted to share them with you here.


We started the day running pretty late, at Kady's, applying our glitter (obviously a festival essential.) I brought 3 little pots of chunky 'festival' glitter off of Amazon, the one I wore was called 'Mermaid Glitter' I think. I applied it using a PaintGlow glitter glue which worked really well. 
My eyelashes are No.116 from Eylure & my lipstick is Seoul Soft Matte Lipcream from NYX. 


The atmosphere was so great, there was loads of food stalls & drinks bars, unfortunately we missed the first act we wanted to see, so we went and got some drinks and found a space in the crowd to watch an acoustic session. 





I went with two of my best friends, Kim & Kady, who I work with. I love them both so much and we had a lovely day, enjoying the sunshine, dancing and singing (badly) along with the bands. 


My outfit -
Sunglasses - H&M
Crop Top - Newlook
Shorts - Primark
Belt - Boohoo
Handbag - Boohoo
Hoodie - Hollister
Shoes - Vans (5 years ago)
Raincoat - Primark


The highlight of the night for me was seeing Billy Ocean, we all sang along to his cheesy songs, and Kim asked me to get on her shoulders, I was so scared and asked to get down immediately afterwards. 



As it got towards the end of the evening, it got really busy, people started packing into the crowd of the main stage before Clean Bandit played. I felt quite claustrophobic and was really worried about having a panic attack, but I was ok! Yay!


Clean Bandit's set was so good, at one point, a stag do turned up next to us, all in an array of fancy dress costumes, so first came Bob The Builder, then a Monk, then a Mexican in a sombrero, followed by an elephant. The things you see at festivals.

I often put off events like this & definitely nights out because of my anxiety, but with really compassionate friends who understand, anxiety didn't ruin my evening, and overall we all had a great time. It went so quickly, wish I could re-do the day all over again. 

Have you guys been to any festivals this year or planning on going to any?

Thankyou for reading,

Lots of love, Beth xxx













No comments

Post a Comment